... but I stopped. Now I'm a dad, and may blog again...

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Illustrations on Amelia's Magazine website


featuring two illustrations by Kevin Bradshaw.

My first two illustrations created for Amelia's Magazine, of which I hope there will be many more.  They were rushed out pretty quickly with less than a day to do both of them - and I have mixed feelings about the results.

The first is of a band called Teeth of the Sea (check out their myspace here), who are a great psychedelic band with noise/drone influences.  I did this image on Tuesday morning and am happy with the way it turned out.

The second image is of an electro-pop/rock band called Baby Monster (their myspace here).  I drew this on Monday evening, and had high hopes for it when I started out but could never get it looking how I imagined it, and in the end I'm really not happy with how it turned out.  It doesn't gel at all; the equipment in the foreground was supposed to stand out much more, and the characters would probably benefit from some dramatic cross-hatching.  In the end I just didn't have the time to fix it or start again.


This experience taught me a lot, especially about the development of my style into a form I am happy with.  I'll get there soon.

2 comments:

Sue said...

I see what you mean about the second illustration - I think the first one is brilliant - keep up the good work! :)

Unknown said...

how rude