... but I stopped. Now I'm a dad, and may blog again...

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Block Chop 67..............

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
-          Kevin Bradshaw’s blog on a bad day

Ha, ha, a little joke for the geeks out there.  Actually I don’t find it funny that I even considered starting a blog post with the placeholder text.  It seems to be symptomatic of disintegrating brain power.  What’s worse than considering using lorem ipsum, is the fact that I actually went ahead with it.  “Ah to hell with it, just print it, the morons out there don’t read this shit anyway,” is what I might say if I was a jaded 1950s whiskey-soaked editor of a local newspaper with a name like The Weekly Shopper, or some such shite.  But I’m not, so I’ll just have to grin and bear it.  Ok, let’s push on.

Today is the day I posted off my little slip of paper to tell the job centre I’m signing off.  As of tomorrow I will no longer be entitled to government hand outs.  Step two is to sort out re-evaluating housing benefit.  I’ve no idea whatsoever how to do that, but don’t tell me, it can’t be too complicated.  It’s on my to-do list.  Also I’ve been informed by a lucky friend of mine about how to claim tax back.  Gotta be worth a shot.

Over the last few days I’ve got re-addicted to last.fm; playing music I don’t usually listen to just to get it scrobbled onto my playlist.  It is the ultimate music geek website.  Not only can I also get recommendations about music I might like, and listen to it, but I can also create a pointlessly exhaustive list of every piece of music I have ever listened to and generate graphs and pie-charts for my own orgiastic nerdfest.  Want to know what percentage of my music listening has been hip hop in the last 3 months?  No, who could possibly want to know that?  But I do; it’s exactly 8.5%.  Just counting this week, hip hop sees an increase to 13.0%.  6.7% progressive metal, 5.7% 80s music, 4.0% Japanese, 3.5% post-punk. 

Inexplicably and unaccountably I have listened to 2.0% post-revolutionary pop.  I literally have no idea what that could be.  Which revolution could that be; Russian, Chinese, American?  At a push I would say that everywhere is post-revolutionary, and so is everything.  I live post-Industrial Revolution, post-Peasant’s Revolution, and post-untold other revolutions - major and minor - back to the dawn of things.  So do you, and so do Shakira and the members of Judas Priest.  So any of them could account for the mysterious post-revolutionary pop.  I’ll sleep on it.

Signing off.

No comments: