... but I stopped. Now I'm a dad, and may blog again...

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Scanner collage 1 (because there might or might not be more)


I have boxes and boxes full of postcards, business cards, novelties, paraphernalia, and paper ephemera; the sort of gubbins that, if I was a proper artist, I would be using in sketchbooks, paintings and collages.  So I thought why not grab an assemblage of colourful and interesting pieces out of the first box (the one that my old Burton's shoes came in) and throw them semi-randomly on the scanner.  So I did.  And I don't know what you think, but I'm actually really pleased with the way it turned out.

Also here are a couple of line drawings I threw up last week.  They were both slightly too large for the scanner, and one is definitely better than the other.  They are sort of obsessively created using a simple Sharpie marker drawing filled in with tiny repetitions of fineliner.


No comments: