... but I stopped. Now I'm a dad, and may blog again...

Sunday, January 08, 2012

493: ramblings about nothing

So, erm, blogging and that. How's that for an opening line; quite a hook, eh? Bet you can't wait to read on and find out what gripping narrative this is the preamble to. Not much; my brain is dim after a lazy Sunday in my dressing gown, eating shit and playing Civilization VI. And having not written much or indeed anything for a day I find now that writing anything at all has become a terrific imposition. I struggle to think as I struggle to say as I struggle to write: very little means anything, or so I sometimes think. It's times like this I thank blog that I write: if I didn't write, I wouldn't think, or express, or do much at all really.

And while playing Civ VI I've been watching Breakfast at Tiffany's in which a writer, played by a young Col John 'Hannibal' Smith, attempts to court the whimsically delightful, yet impossibly difficult Audrey Hepburn. There's a cat with no name, rich posh Americans, kooky New Yorkishness, a sofa made from an old bathtub cut in half longways, and errr other stuff. I'm not really paying attention: it's divided 'tween the television and whatever it is I'm writing about now.

Breakfast at Tiffany's has finished, and we've changed the DVD to Who Framed Roger Rabbit? It's DVD night in the Bradshaw household. I wish I was a New York writer or a Toontown private dic then, working on my own time, I could have a bit of a lie-in tomorrow, and not bother having a shave. Got too much real life stuff I need to sort out (taxes, wedding prep, writing, day job, this, that, the other, those and the other others, etc), soooooo..... BRB.

After that little three-paragraph breakdown I decided to print out what I have so far of my novel, in order to look at it from a slightly different perspective. To read it, make notes, edits, rewrites and begin picking up and finishing what I already have. I want to get those darn pesky three chapters perfected ASAP (a couple of months or so), and then try to get a literary agent. Worth trying; might bring me fame and fortune. Less of the fame, more of the fortune preferably. Anyway, never mind...

No comments: