... but I stopped. Now I'm a dad, and may blog again...

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Right:
  is a poor start to a piece of writing.
So:
  is an annoying way to start a sentence. Written or spoken.

I am Kevin. This is my blog. It was a thing to keep away writer's block. Writer's block is a thing that probably doesn't really exist; a thing that would be more accurately labelled as writer's laziness.

I stopped writing this blog on a daily basis some time ago. It was probably about 16 months to 2 years ago. It's all there down the right of the screen if you are interested. I am not.

I wasn't indulging in writer's laziness, or so I told myself. Blogging time would be better used writing a novel. Or so I told myself. So I stopped writing this blog. In reality I had writer's laziness and writer's excuse-making. I still have them now. I am being lazy as I write this.

Right, so:

The blog is back. It might not be about anything today. All I want to do is write again. I have not written much in the last couple of months. I have been lazy. And depressed.

And I wonder what comes first the writer's laziness or the depression, and I wonder how much the two are connected. Does one bring about the other, or are they both brought about by a third unidentified thing?

I went to sleep a writer and woke up a moper. It's not as though I have nothing to be getting on with. There's plenty of writing to be done. First there is my novel. The one which, when asked what it's about, I say 'an unlikely meeting between the worlds of contemporary Western art and traditional Mongolian wrestling'. This is true.

Then:
  there are all the other things.
Lots of them.
More than I know the numbers for.
Everywhere.

No comments: